Fiber Optic MTI 2100 Fotonic Sensor
Undoubtedly an essential measurement tool for process automation, quality control and tool automation control.
Fast speed measurement sensor for ultrasonic horn vibration measurement
The MTI-2100 features advanced fiber-optic non-contact sensor using reflectance electronic technologies for precise measurements of displacement, active vibration control, position, and distance for dynamic measurement in cryogenic, vacuum | high pressure, or in high magnetic field and harsh environment. It sets new performance standards with resolution up to 0.01 µin. (2.5 Angstroms) and frequency response from direct-coupled (dc) up to 500 kHz.
The modular design of this fiber optic displacement sensor permits the use of a wide range of interchangeable and custom fiber-optic probes. These probes are immune to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and operate on almost any type of surface: metallic, composite, plastic, glass, or ceramic.
- Digital display in engineering units
- Dual-channel capability permits simultaneous measurements of amplitude and phase.
- Selectable metric or English units.
- Reflective compensated units available to automatically adjust to target reflectivity changes.
- Digital display readout in engineering units eliminates the need to convert volts to displacement.
- Out-of-range indicator notifies the user if the target moves out of the linear range.
- Interchangeable probe modules allow the user to select from seven standard fiber-optic probe designs, providing 14 different standard measurement ranges and resolutions.
- High-resolution module resolves to 0.1 µin. standard or 0.01 µin. (2.5A°) optional. With external filtering, 0.004-µin. (0.1nm) resolution is possible.
- Standard 0-to-10 V dc analog real-time output is compatible with most signal conditioning equipment.
- RS-232 output for computer interfacing.
|Product Info||Technical Specifications|
|P/N||Model||Accuracy||Min. Range||Stand-Off||Interface||Type||Frequency Response||Request Info|
|8000-6657||Dual Channel Controller: MTI-2100||Select Modules||Select Modules||Select Modules||RS232||Fiber Optic Controller||High Pass Filter: DC, 20Hz, 200Hz front-panel selectable 4-pole Butterworth response (-3dB at value selected)|
Low Pass Filter: 100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz, 50kHz, 100kHz and wide band, 1-pole response (-3dB at 1.2x value selected)
|Request Infomation on Dual Channel Controller: MTI-2100|
|Not finding what you’re looking for? MTI offers custom solutions More Info About MTI’s Custom Solutions|
Industries & Applications For This Product
Tape Cartridge Movement
|Research & Development||Amplitude|
Ultrasonic Horn Vibration
Nuclear heat exchanger vibration
Stator bar vibration in a high magnetic field
Solenoid Door Latches
|Research & Development||Amplitude|
Piezoceramic, 1-3 PZT / polymer composite and PVDF film
|Research & Development||Displacement|
Piezoelectric stack motion
|8000-4204||FS-3||Fotonic Probe Mount and Positioning Fixture – adjustable fixture to support and position probes over the target being measured. The system consists of a probe clamp, 2 positioning arms, magnetic base, c-clamp base and a micrometer with a 0.28″ (7mm) travel. The probe clamp holds probes up to 0.125 in. (3.2mm) in diameter with a reach of approximately 6″ (152mm).|
See our Products in Action
At MTI Instruments, we offer advanced sensing and physical measurement technology in products that range from basic sensors to complete, fully integrated measurement systems.
Looking for similar or complementary products? Browse the following products.
We make every effort, if feasible, to maintain, service and support our legacy products.